Sunday, November 11, 2007

May I Be the Medicine

May I be the medicine and the physician for the sick.
May I be their nurse until their illness never recurs.

With showers of food and drink may I overcome the afflictions of hunger and thirst.
May I become food and drink during times of famine.

May I be an inexhaustible treasury for the destitute.
With various forms of assistance may I remain in their presence.

For the sake of accomplishing the welfare of all sentient beings,
I freely give up my body, enjoyments, and all my virtues of the three times.

ขอให้้ข้าฯเป็นยาและหมอแก่คนไข้
ขอให้ข้าฯเป็นพยาบาลของพวกเขาจนกว่าโรคของพวกเขาจะไม่กลับมาอีก

ด้วยสายฝนแห่งอาหารและเครื่องดื่ม ขอให้ข้าฯเอาชนะทุกข์อันได้แก่ความหิวกระหาย
ขอให้ข้าฯได้เป็นอาหารและเครื่องดื่มในเวลาแห่งความอดอยาก

ขอให้ข้าฯเป็นขุมทรัพย์อันไม่มีที่สิ้นสุดของคนยากจน
ขอให้ข้าฯอยู่ใกล้ชิดพวกเขา เพื่อช่วยเหลือในรูปแบบต่างๆ

เพื่อประโยชน์แห่งการทำให้สำเร็จซึ่งสวัสดิภาพของสัตว์โลกทั้งปวง
ข้าฯสละแล้วซึ่งร่างของข้า รวมทั้งความเพลิดเพลิน ตลอดจนบุญบารมีในอดีต ปัจจุบันและอนาคต

No comments: